Computer Game Pack
Price subject to change without notification.
Interactive social skills game for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Finalist 2009 - Australian Interactive Media Industry Association (AIMIA) Educational Game of the Year
The Secret Agent Society (SAS) Computer Game Pack features a fun, interactive computer program that teaches 8 to 12 year-olds about emotions and social skills. The four level computer program includes:
- Games that teach how to recognise simple and complex emotions in others from facial expressions, voice tone, body language and situational clues.
- Activities that increase the player's awareness of the body clues and thoughts that signal the intensity of their own feelings.
- Animated virtual reality missions that teach different ways of coping with unpleasant feelings and dealing with social challenges such as being bullied, making friends, trying new things, working as a team and making mistakes.
- Interactive quizzes to test understanding.
- A series of 'home missions' that help with applying skills from the program to real life.
The game was specifically designed for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, however, feedback from families and professionals suggests that it is valuable for working with children who have a range of social and emotional difficulties.
Program activities are intended to be played repeatedly by children with practitioner and/or parent support.
The pack also includes visual supports to help children apply the skills that they learn in the computer program to everyday situations. These include full-colour portable 'code cards' that feature skill steps, a code card holder, emotion thermometers ('Emotionometers') and stickers illustrating angry and anxious body clues, the situations in which these emotions are often felt, and relaxation 'gadgets' or strategies that can help children to calm down. These visual supports are also sold separately as the SAS E-Telligence Pack.
A guide is included to give parents and professionals advice on how to help children get the most out of the computer game pack resources.
Please note: The game is Mac and PC compatible. The game can be installed on multiple computers, but can only be played on one computer at a time. For enquiries about multiple copies and bulk purchase discounts, please Contact Us.
Can I play the SAS Computer Game on Windows 8?
- If you wish to play the SAS Computer Game on a Windows 8 operating system, please install the game with the Installation DVD, and then proceed with the following update:
1. Click on this link to download the update: SAS Update
2. Select ‘Run’ to begin the update process. Complete the update as prompted and exit the wizard.
3. The update is now complete. To play the game, please insert your Activation USB (Rockey) into the computer and open the program from the desktop icon or start menu.
- Windows XP or above
- MAC OS X v10.5 or above
- Microsoft Pentium 3 Processor or equivalent (Pentium 4 or equivalent recommended); Mac-G4 or higher (Intel recommended)
- 256MB RAM
- 800MB Free Disk Space
- 1024 x 768 Screen Resolution
- Speakers or Headphones
- DVD Drive
- Mouse (recommended)
- USB Port
What Kids Say about the Game
- "I loved it. It was the best!" Alex, 10
- "It was really fun!" Hannah, 8
- "It was amazing!" Joshua, 11